Ran rain go away

The weather is currently scuppering my racing plans. 

We made the decision this morning not to supplement Winker at Deauville – the ground there is on the soft side and there is heavy rain forecast on Sunday.  These forecasts are extremely unreliable and it’s perfectly possible that Sunday could turn out to be a glorious summer’s day, but he misses work if he goes out and that could mess with our chances next week in the Hungerford stakes at Newbury, which is now the target.

Lilac Moon has been taken out of her Haydock race, and we’re looking at alternatives now.  I’d really like to get her handicap up a few pounds in order to get into the Ladies Derby at Newbury, but I suspect we’ll miss out on that now.

Ho hum.

On the plus side – I’ve heard that Bouguereau came out of his operation fine, although he isn’t back at the stable yet and I haven’t spoken to the vet.  I still have to decide on a plan for him.